King’s Academy (KA) is a ministry of Vineyard Laguna Niguel. It is a college-prep tutorial created to bless not only those who attend Vineyard, but also the rapidly growing Christian homeschooling community of South Orange County.
KA was designed to support parents in educating their children from a biblical perspective. As the primary educator of your students, KA is excited to partner with you in their academic and spiritual development. Our staff aim to provide rigorous educational instruction at a level which students, with the support of their families, can achieve with a reasonable amount of effort.
KA was also established to provide an alternative to the education that is currently offered at most schools and educational programs, both public and private. Since spring 2020, COVID-19 altered the face of education for millions of families across our nation, and thousands were educationally uprooted in our local community. As a result of school shut-downs, those who had previously entertained the idea of homeschooling now had an opportunity to do so, and those who had never considered homeschooling were now required to! In an effort to serve children and families during this season, VLN opened a homeschool support program in Fall 2020 for families who:
- Prefer a drop-off that does not require parents to volunteer.
- Desire less-expensive options of education. King’s Academy is affordable, especially for families with multiple children.
- Want a small teacher to student ratio and close supervision of their child.
- Are new to homeschooling and overwhelmed by the idea of doing it all themselves.
- Are veteran homeschoolers who desire a Christian community for their child and/or a little extra support.
- Desire a college-preparatory tutorial for their high school student.